These classic and gorgeous Aussie biscuits were given a healthy makeover, whilst embracing ingredients from the outback: Manuka honey and wattle seeds, which have a subtle nut and chocolaty taste.
170g Rolled Oats, small
125g All Purpose Flour
170g Manuka Honey
115g Coconut Oil
2tbsp Water, boiled
1tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1/4tsp Vanilla Essence
1. Preheat your oven to 165˚C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Combine the oats, flour and wattle seeds in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the melted coconut oil and Manuka honey. Add in the tablespoons of boiled water, vanilla essence and bicarbonate of soda. Mix well.
4. Pour the mixture into the oat mixture and combine.
5. Roughly shape spoonfuls of the mixture in balls, and press down in a circular biscuit shape onto the baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
6. Bake at 165˚C for 10 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.