CHOCOLATE CHIP PEANUT COOKIES
These cookies were made free from gluten and dairy, using oat flour and coconut oil. The peanut flour and coconut sugar add a subtle nutty and caramel flavour that will leave everyone asking for more!
200g Oat Flour
45g Peanut Flour
1 Large Egg
140g Coconut Oil
200g Coconut Sugar
1tsp Baking Soda
1tsp Baking Powder
1tsp Coarse Salt
1tsp Natural Vanilla Extract
150g Dark Chocolate Chips
1. To make the oat flour, blend regular oats in a food processor until they resemble a flour or powder.
2. Combine the vanilla extract, large egg and coconut sugar in a bowl. Melt the coconut oil and add to the bowl after it has cooled down. Beat well until combined.
3. Stir in the oat and peanut flour, baking soda, baking powder and coarse salt. Mix until well combined and fold in the dark chocolate chips.
4. Chill the dough overnight, wrapped in cling film. (This is the hardest part of the recipe but don't skip it! This will make your cookies chewy and irresistible.)
5. Preheat the oven to 175˚C. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
6. Shape the chilled dough tightly to form a cookie shape about the size of your palm, and space them evenly on the baking tray. Sprinkle a pinch of coarse salt on the cookies.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until lightly golden around the edges.
8. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the baking tray for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.