PUMPKIN, CELERIAC & APPLE
In a hurry
This has become one of our favorite soup to make when colder days kick in, and when we are feeling a little under the weather. Using seasonal and local produce, this soup is comforting, healthy and delicious.
300g Pumpkin, roughly chopped
1/4 Celeriac, around 250g, chopped
1 Apple, roughly chopped
Tahini loosened with the squeeze
of an Orange
1. Remove the skin of the pumpkin and the celeriac. Roughly chop the vegetables and the apple in cubes and place in a large pan.
2. Cover the vegetables with water. Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat and leave to simmer for 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
3. Using either a hand blender or liquidizer, mix the vegetables with the water until smooth. Add the turmeric, nutmeg and salt and pepper. Blend again and don't hesitate to add extra water if you prefer your soup to be less thick.
4. Mix two tablespoons of tahini with the squeeze of an orange.
5. To serve, ladle the soup into bowls before adding a swirl of the tahini mixture and sprinkle mixed seeds on top. Serve immediately.