GREEK FAVA DIP WITH SUNDRIED TOMATOES
Move over Hummus. We've found your new replacement and it's called Fava.
250g Dry Yellow Split Peas
1/2 Large Shallot, finely sliced
2-3 Cloves of Garlic
35ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1tsp of Sea Salt
Smoked Sundried Tomatoes
1. Rinse the yellow split peas, place in a large saucepan with 600ml of water over high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil and skim any foam that appears on the surface.
2. Add in the chopped shallot and garlic, turn the heat down to low and cover with a lid. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until the peas are very soft, stirring occasionally.
3. Once the peas are cooked, take off the heat and add the olive oil and salt. Blitz them to a smooth puree using a hand blender or food processor. Leave to cool aside.
4. Place the cooled down fava mixture on a serving plate or bowl. Drizzle generously with olive oil. Top with the smoked sundried tomatoes and a few springs of fresh thyme.
5. Serve with bread or sliced fresh red peppers for dipping.