GREEN BEANS AMANDINE (WITH TOASTED ALMONDS)
Elevate your usual green beans with our Green Beans Amandine recipe. In this classic French side dish, crisp-tender green beans are bathed in a luscious blend of browned butter and toasted almonds. Sounds pretty good right!? It’s a simple yet elegant combination that adds a delightful nutty crunch to your meal. Say goodbye to bland beans and hello to a side that’s quick, easy, and packed with flavour.
200g Green Beans, top and tallied
1 Small Shallot, finely diced
40g Unsalted Butter,
30g Flaked Almonds, toasted
1 Garlic Clove, minced
Generous Pinch of Salt and Pepper
BLANCHING THE GREEN BEANS
- Place a large pan of salted water over high heat and bring to a rolling boil.
- Add the green beans into the pan and blanch for 2-3 minutes until just tender. Remove the beans from the hot water and place them into a bowl of iced water. This will prevent the beans from cooking further and keep them green.
THE GREEN BEANS AMANDINE
- Place a large frying pan over medium heat. Add half the butter into the pan and allow it to melt. Add the flaked almonds into the pan and leave to infuse the butter until golden brown and nutty. Transfer the almond butter mixture to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining butter and a splash of olive oil to the pan. Once the butter has melted, add the shallots and onion to the pan, cooking for 2-3 minutes until golden and fragrant.
- Add the green beans into the pan and warm through, tossing in the butter and onions. About 1-2 minutes. Serve immediately.