MORNING MUESLI BARS
Granola bars are an easy option to pick up for your breakfast on your way to work, however they often have not-so-healthy added ingredients. These muesli bars are really simple to make and with no refined sugars, almonds, chia seeds and oats, they will make for a healthy breakfast to go.
4 tbsp Honey
100g Medjool Dates, stoned
4 tbsp Almond Butter
30g Chia Seeds
30g Desiccated Coconut
Zest of 1 Orange
1. Place the dates and orange zest into a food processor and blitz for about 1 minute until you achieve a slightly chunky spread.
2. Transfer the date mixture into a large mixing bowl and add in the muesli, almonds, chia seeds and desiccated coconut. Mix together until evenly combined.
3. Place a small saucepan over a low heat and add the honey and almond butter. stir the mixture for a few minutes until heated through and then pour over the muesli mixture. Mix thoroughly until evenly combined.
4. Line a rectangular baking dish with parchment paper and spoon in the mixture, pressing down firmly until uniformly flattened.
5. Cover and leave to firm up in the fridge overnight.
6. Once chilled, remove the mixture from the dish and cut into bars.