MOROCCAN CITRUS & WALNUT FRUIT SALAD
This Moroccan fruit salad combining orange blossom water with cinnamon and citrus fruits is wonderfully refreshing and subtly floral. Really simple to make, it’s the perfect way to start the day, topped onto yoghurt, or to end a hearty meal.
2 Blood Oranges
½ tsp Cinnamon
2 Tbsp Orange Blossom Water
1 Tbsp Citrus or Floral Honey
- Cut the skin off the oranges and grapefruits and cut into half a centimetre slices, checking there are to piths left.
- In a small bowl combine the orange blossom water, cinnamon and honey.
- Place the citrus fruit slices in a serving bowl and mix in the cinnamon and orange blossom water. Chill in the fridge for one hour.
- In the meantime, set a pan over low heat and lightly roast the walnuts for a few minutes, until they slightly colour. Once cool, break them into smaller chunks.
- Serve the citrus fruit salad with a sprinkling of walnuts, a drizzle of honey and a few mint leaves.