PEAR & CELERIAC MUFFINS
In a hurry
Seasonal ingredients like pear & celeriac bring a subtle sweetness and nutty flavour to these muffins. Refined-sugar free and easy to make, these will become your favourite healthy on-the-go breakfast or afternoon snack.
75g Unsalted Butter, room temperature
60g Maple Syrup
50g Self-Raising Flour
1/2tsp Baking Powder
75g Ground Almond
1/2 Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat your oven to 180˚C. Butter a six piece muffin tray.
2. Beat the butter and maple syrup together in a food processor until lighter in colour and fluffy. In a separate bowl, beat the egg and add half of it in the butter mixture. Add in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon & nutmeg powder and mix gently until well combined. Add in the ground almonds and vanilla extract.
3. Cut the pear and celeriac in small squares, about 5 by 5mm roughly. Chop the almonds into small chunks.
4. Add the pear and celeriac cubes, leaving a little on the side if there is too much. Add half the chopped almonds to the mixture.
5. Once well combined, place equal measures of the mixture in a muffin tray. Sprinkle the almonds on top of the six muffins.
6. Place the muffin tray in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. You may need to place foil over the top half way through the bake to avoid too much colouring on the top.
7. You can place the muffins in a closed container and enjoy for up to three days!