PISTACHIO EGGS ÇILBIR
In a Hurry
Eggs Çilbir is a Turkish breakfast staple, it's also one of the most satisfying and comforting breakfast dishes around. We have added pistachio butter to bring a whole new dimension to this dish. A real favourite of ours.
4 Large Eggs
400g Greek Yoghurt
6 tsp Smooth Pistachio Butter
70ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
60g Salted Butter
1 Garlic Clove, finely minced
1 Small Bunch of Coriander, Finely Diced
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
1 Pinch of Sumac
1 Generous Pinch of Salt and Pepper
White Wine Vinegar
1. Pistachio butter gives this egg dish a really delicious nutty taste, but it can sometimes be difficult to get hold of. If making your own seems like too much of a task, try replacing the 6 tablespoons of pistachio butter with 3 tablespoons of tahini.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the yoghurt, pistachio butter, minced garlic, 50ml of olive oil and a pinch of salt until evenly combined. Set aside until needed and served at room temperature.
3. Place a small pan over a medium high heat, add the butter to the pan and cook until you achieve a pale beurre noisette. Remove the pan from the heat, and add the smoked paprika and remaining olive oil, stirring through the butter for 30 seconds or so to infuse. Set aside until needed.
4. Bring a medium pan of water to a gentle simmer over a medium heat, crack the eggs into small bowls or mugs and set aside ready to poach. Add a dash of the vinegar to the pan of boiling water and create a gentle whirlpool effect in the water with a spoon. Gently pour your eggs into the water and cook for 2-4 minutes depending on how soft you like your poached eggs. Once cooked, remove from the water with a slatted spoon and leave to dry off on some kitchen paper.
5. To serve, divide the yogurt mixture into 4 small bowls and then add a poached egg to each bowl. Drizzle over a couple of tsps of the paprika butter and then top with a sprinkle of sumac, the chopped dill and coriander and a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Serve immediately with grilled pitta.