POTATO & LEEK SALAD
A wonderful variation to the classic pairing of Leek and Potato. This is a really simple but really delicious side, perfect for a summer barbecue - potato salad style, whilst also being comforting enough to warm you through the depths of winter. A great way to use up leftover potatoes and a killer side with fish.
2 Large Leeks, cut into chunks
400g Baby New Potatoes, cooked
Handful of capers
1 Small Bunch of Dill, finely chopped
Zest of ½ a Lemon
3 tsp. Greek Yoghurt
1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
Juice of ½ a Lemon
Pinch of Salt & Pepper
To make the dressing, simply combine all the ingredients together until you have a homogenous, loose yoghurt dressing.
1. This recipe is a great way for using up leftover boiled potatoes. If you are without any pre cooked potatoes, simply boil the new potatoes for 20 minutes before.
2. Preheat the oven to 220 °C.
3. Toss the cooked potatoes with a lug of olive oil and a generous pinch of salt. Transfer to a baking tray and place into the oven cooking for 20 minutes until the potatoes are warmed through and the skin is becoming slightly crispy.
4. Whilst the potatoes are cooking, arrange the chopped leeks (ideally chopped to a similar size as the potatoes) into a steamer, and steam for 15 minutes or until they are soft and sweet but not completely falling apart.
5. Once both the potatoes and the leeks are cooked, transfer to a serving dish and add half the dressing along with the dill and cappers. Mix together gently and then serve with the remaining dressing on the side and a zest of lemon.
Simple but delicious.