TURKEY LEFTOVERS THAI GREEN CURRY
1 Shallot, roughly chopped
½ Green Pepper
4 Garlic Cloves
1 thumb of Ginger
1 Lemon Grass, bruised and roughly chopped
3 Spring Onions, roughly chopped
2 Green Chillies, seeds removed
3-6 Thai Chillies, depending on spice preference
Zest of 1 Lime
5g Kaffir Lime Leaves
1tsp. Shrimp Paste
Small Bunch of Thai Basil
Large Bunch of Coriander, approx. 40g
Generous Pinch of Pepper
300g Cooked Turkey, 50/50 dark & light meat
200g Baby Aubergines, 1cm slices
1 and ½ Green Peppers, cut into thin strips
100g Mange Tout
1x 225g Tin Bamboo Shoots, drained
800ml Coconut Milk
Juice of 1 Lime
Pinch of Salt and Pepper
THE CURRY PASTE
1. To make the curry paste, add all the ingredients into a blender and blitz until entirely smooth. You may need to add a splash of water as necessary.
TIP- For the Green Pepper, you can use the trimmings from the peppers you will use in the curry.
THE THAI GREEN CURRY
1. Place a large pan over a medium-high heat with a spoonful of coconut oil. Add the sliced aubergine and cook for 6-8 minutes until the aubergines are cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Increase the heat to high and add the coconut milk to the pan. Bring the coconut milk to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Add the curry paste to the pan and mix together. Simmer for a few minutes until starting to reduce and the colour is starting to turn a deeper shade of green.
3. Break the turkey up into small chunks and add to the pan along with the aubergine, bamboo shoots and fish sauce. Simmer for a further 2 minutes.
4. Add the mange tout and the green pepper slices. Simmer for a further 3 minutes.
5. Season to taste and garnish with Thai basil, and coriander. Serve immediately with rice, some red chillies and crispy onions.