This take on the classic lemon drizzle cake has lemongrass for a light citrusy flavour with a fragrant undertone. This simple recipe makes for a wonderful cake that has a lovely moist texture that is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
3 Large Eggs
170g Self Raising Flour
170g Caster Sugar
170g Unsalted Butter, room temperature
Zest of 1 Lemon
4tsp Lemongrass Powder
Juice of 1 Lemon
1tsp Lemongrass Powder
110g Icing Sugar
1. Heat your oven to 180˚C and butter a loaf tin.
2. Beat the butter and caster sugar together in a food processor until very light and fluffy. Add the flour, baking powder, eggs, lemon zest and lemongrass powder and mix until well combined.
3. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
4. Meanwhile, for the drizzle, mix the lemon juice with the lemongrass powder and and add gradually the icing sugar until it thickens.
5. Using a skewer, poke holes into the cake, all the way to the bottom, so that the drizzle really impregnates the cake. Pour the lemon drizzle over the hot cake in the tin. Leave to cool completely, then serve.