CORN BREAD WITH HONEY CHIPOTLE BUTTER
A delicious loaf to be eaten for breakfast, lunch or supper. The sweet and spicy butter brings an addictive heat to a toasted slice.
150g Coarse Yellow Polenta
150g Plain Flour
50g Soft Light Brown Sugar
1tsp Baking Powder
2 Large Eggs, lightly beaten
30g Butter, melted
100g Salted Butter, room temperature
3 tsp Honey
1 Chipotle Chilli, rehydrated and finely diced
THE FLAVOURED BUTTER
1. In a mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients together until evenly mixed. Refrigerate until needed.
1. Preheat the oven to 210˚C.
2. In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients with 1 teaspoon of salt.
3. Mix the eggs, buttermilk and butter in a jug. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and gradually pour in the wet ones, mixing with a wooden spoon as you go.
4. Pour the batter in a greased loaf tin and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the bread comes out clean. Allow to stand for half an hour before slicing.