TABOULEH WITH GRILLED PEACHES
The much loved Middle Eastern salad is a staple among many a mezze feast – and rightly so, the parsley-forward salad brings a fresh herbaceous hit to any table. We’ve added grilled peach segments to further brighten this summery salad.
3 Peaches, cut into eighths
50g Bulgar Wheat,
400g Tomatoes, diced into 5mm cubes
6 Spring Onions, finely sliced
100g Flat Leaf Parsley, finely diced BY HAND!
50g Mint Leaves, finely diced BY HAND!
100ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil,
Juice of 2 Lemons,
1 tsp. Baharat,
Generous Pinch of Salt and Pepper
THE BULGAR WHEAT
- Place the bulgar wheat into a bowl and add a pinch of salt and enough hot water to cover the bulgar wheat by about 2cm. Leave to stand for 20-25 minutes until all the water has been absorbed and the bulgar wheat is light and fluffy.
THE GRILLED PEACHES
- Place a griddle pan over a medium-high heat and leave to fully heat up.
- Lay the peach segments on the griddle pan and cook for about 1 minute on each side, lightly charring the peaches. Leave to cool slightly whilst you assemble the tabbouleh.
- Combine the lemon juice and olive oil with a tsp. of Baharat and mix together with a pinch of salt and pepper until evenly incorporated.
- Add the diced tomatoes, bulgar wheat, and spring onions to a large serving plate. Add the dressing and mix together.
TIP – Although tempting, please refrain from using a food processor to chop the herbs – whilst it will make short work of the chopping, it will bruise the herbs and make your tabbouleh heavier and wetter.
- Add the diced herbs about a ⅓ at a time, folding them through the mixture to ensure they are evenly distributed, until all the herbs are added.
- Finally, add the grilled peaches and serve immediately.